[Ardour-Dev] Strange cleanup size results

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 04:20:29 PDT 2016

Hi guys,

Last week I noticed that some Windows users (Mixbus users) are
complaining about seeing bizarre "sizes" getting reported when they try
to flush the wastebasket:-

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/thread-3252.html

So this morning, I decided to see if I could reproduce the problem. My
first thought was that it might be due to a g_stat() issue that I
discussed with Robin recently.  So I installed Mixbus-32C on a 64-bit
Windows machine.  First I installed the 64-bit version then later, the
32-bit version - but I couldn't reproduce the problem in either case.
However...

I remembered that I'd changed some code slightly (back in 2013). The
code is in ARDOUR_UI::display_cleanup_results() which has 3 x lines
looking something like this:-

       space_adjusted = floorf((float)rep.space / 1000.0);

Those lines were previously calling truncf() - but truncf() isn't
available in early versions of MSVC, so back in 2013, I switched it to
use floorf().  Could that have screwed something up?  It looks okay to
me but I thought I'd flag it up, just in case I'm missing something...

John