[Ardour-Dev] gain-mapping - was Re: OSC next

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Wed May 18 06:05:40 PDT 2016

Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> schrieb am Sa., 14. Mai 2016, 21:39:

> On Sat, 14 May 2016, Felix Homann wrote:
>

> I like the: send any message with no value means send me an update.
> However, that would mean a complete rewrite I think. Right now, liblo
> does a direct call to a function based on it's own parse of the incoming
> message. Adding things like path having channel embedded or value being
> present or not breaks that. That may or not be a bad thing.

I wouldn't say it would break the way liblo dispatches messages. It just
adds something on top of that. But sure, with current liblo, you'd need to
at least partially bypass liblo's built-in dispatch mechanism.
You'd need to implement one or several generic lo_methods to handle those
parametrized paths, though. Handling the path parameters is fairly easy
with C++11's regex support. But you would loose automatic handling of OSC
wildcards when a message is received, so you would have to handle them
yourself.

Kind regards,
Felix