[Ardour-Dev] Building on Windows

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 07:51:00 PST 2016

Hi all,

I'm new to ardour, and looking to run it on a Windows machine. I've read
the disclaimers and warnings about the windows build, and don't mind going
into uncharted territory. I'm a C++ developer by trade and I'm looking for
a side-project, so I wouldn't mind putting in a bit of work to get things
running and would like to eventually contribute to the project.

That said, is there any information on how to get ardour building on
windows? A high-level overview or rough outline of dependencies and tools
known to work would be quite helpful. Does such a resource exist, or can
anyone provide some additional info?

Thanks,
Dave