[Ardour-Dev] thunderbolt plans

rick rick at rickmurphy.org
Wed Feb 24 05:54:37 PST 2016

> Do you have a different story to tell?

Nothing conclusive. There seem to be a few Intel vendors positioning for
late 2016 - 2017. Lenovo Thinkpad P70 and Focusrite Clarett are two
examples.

Other than just mentioning that I work in Haskell and sometimes Agda and
wanted to say thanks for all the great work on Ardour. I appreciate the
time and commitment you and this community have made.

--
Rick

On 02/24/2016 08:28 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> Thunderbolt is basically dead, since it has not been adopted by anyone
> except Apple. USB3 has won, for most things.
>
> Anyway, Ardour has no interactions at that level. Thunderbolt-capable
> devices appear to Ardour just like any other audio interface connected
> to your system, whether they are directly plugged into the motherboard,
> or via USB, FireWire or Thunderbolt.
>
> Do you have a different story to tell?
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 7:42 AM, rick <rick at rickmurphy.org
> <mailto:rick at rickmurphy.org>> wrote:
>
>     Any Thunderbolt plans for Ardour through 2018 ?
>
>     --
>     Rick

Rick