[Ardour-Dev] Dynamically changing window sizes for loaded AUs..

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Apr 6 11:10:16 PDT 2016

On 04/06/2016 08:01 PM, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Thanks Robin, Tomorrow I will try clicking on the plugin window, and then
> resizing. Manually resizing the plugin would be a reasonable word around
> for now. I'll let you know.

I've just checked the source.

If the Cocoa View of your plugin GUI has
   autoresizingMask
set to anything other than UIViewAutoresizingNone, the view will send
events and Ardour's container will resize accordingly.

If not, the initial size of the AU view (when first mapped) will be used
throughout.

see
https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/blob/master/gtk2_ardour/au_pluginui.mm#L460
 and below  as well as the "auViewResized" observer.

Keep it coming. Csound in Ardour is very cool. I only wish it was LV2 on
all platforms!

HTH,
robin