[Ardour-Dev] OSC signals about transport state

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Nov 12 12:36:47 PST 2015

On 11/12/2015 01:02 PM, Johannes Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking at libs/surfaces/osc/osc.cc OSC::current_value I see that once upon a
> time ardour was signaling the transport state via OSC.

Not "once upon a time"  but "in the glorious future".
It's a prototype to outline how someone who's interested could add it.

all OSC::current_value() calls currently return the transport_frame
which is the same as the existing "/ardour/transport_frame" message does.

> For some reason this
> stuff as well as the registering of the concerning callbacks is commented of
> ifed out.
>
> Is the reason for this still valid? What must happen to get the feature back?

It does not compile, nor was ever complete. Someone needs to step up an
do it. though looking at recent changes, the approach may not be the
right one.

ciao,
robin