[Ardour-Dev] C and C++ Style checking now enforced

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 12 12:09:37 PDT 2015

On 12/05/2015 13:07, John Emmas wrote:

> I must admit, I'm a bit loathe to mess with python because no version
> of it seems to work with all python scripts (at least, not on
> Windows).  3.1 has proven to be the most dependable though.

Grrr...  things have started going wrong already  :-(

When building (for example) Glib, there are a few python scripts which
get built into binary modules - e.g. there's one called 'codegen.py'
which gets turned into 'codegen.pyc'.

Unfortunately (after upgrading to python 3.3) the compiled binary now
gets called 'codegen.cpython-33.pyc' (and likewise for several other
modules!!!)

I haven't figured out yet whether there's any knock-on effect but this
is precisely why I wanted to avoid messing with python.  Stupid things
are forever getting changed like this for no apparent reason.  Before I
start looking for a python help forum, does anyone here know if this
change seems reasonable (or if not - is there a way to stop it?)  Thanks.

John