[Ardour-Dev] Ardour-Dev Digest, Vol 134, Issue 1

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jun 5 12:46:52 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Patrick.Gilles Maillot <
patrick.maillot at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just hoping to find something similar (better in fact) from Ardour “probably
> one of the most OSC-controllable audio applications around”. While this may
> be the case from Ardour to its clients, the other way around doesn’t seem
> so (i.e. what is the receiving port for Ardour?).

Ardour uses 3189, or whatever value you configure via the OSC GUI (double
click on "OSC" in the list of available control surfaces.

Nobody developing Ardour has ever had an interest in making it a
*controller* for another OSC receiver. Doing so wouldn't be very hard, but
it has never been anyone's goal. As you yourself noted, you had to create a
middle-man between Reaper and the X32 (mostly because you don't have access
to the relevant source code in Reaper, I would guess). Doing this directly
in Ardour is entirely possible, though it should probably be done as a new
dedicated X32 control surface module (all control surface code is
dynamically discovered and loaded).

--p