[Ardour-Dev] Windows - Behringer X32

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 23:49:59 PDT 2015

On 16/04/2015 02:21, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Patrick-Gilles Maillot <
>> patrick.maillot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Installed Ardour 4 and Jack on my Windows XP systems (SP3), a Dell
>>> XPS. Jack runs OK. Ardour’s Xjadeo video monitor starts OK, but
>>> Ardour 4 does not start and display s the following error: Entry
>>> Point not Found; The Procedure entry point CreateSymbolicLinkA
>>> could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
> Ardour4 targets Windows XP and later..
>
> [...]
>
> Tomorrow's nighty builds run on XP again.

Hi Patrick - along with Robin I'm one of the Windows developers for
Ardour and Mixbus.

I've just been looking through some Mixbus Support emails and I noticed
that we were once having problems with the Behringer X32. According to
several reports, Mixbus could see the X32 okay - but thought it only had
2 inputs & outputs.  I'm just wondering if that's still the case.  Did
you ever manage to make your X32 work with Ardour 4?

John Emmas