[Ardour-Dev] Thoughts on OSC in Ardour

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 07:07:38 PDT 2015

Hi Guy.
As I have understood, that's the power (and weakness) of OSC is that it
doesn't put a standard for anything.
It's some sort of XML, it just gives you the means, doesn't tell you how to
use them.
Maybe a good idea would be to have a generic "base-query" for clients, that
can receive a list of capabilities and how to handle them, a sort of OSC
TOC.
It would be a little bit complex in the beginning, but once the main idea
is done, every OSC "maker" will be able to use its set of commands and
queries, without the need to release every single aspect to the OSC clients
programmers, that won't be forced to add every single compatibility
interface for every device they have around.
What do you think?

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi