[Ardour-Dev] Thoughts on OSC in Ardour

Guy Sherman guy at guysherman.com
Mon Aug 24 10:22:26 PDT 2015

Hi Paul,
I have had a few thoughts about how to use OSC for what I'm after, and I'll probably out-line it thia week to see what you think. OvenWerks pointed me towards OCA  (like eucon, but open, and not owned by avid), and I feel like that's really the best protocol, mainly because it has real industry backing and it is designed for smart equipment. Anyhow he and I are going to write a lib for it, so I guess the discussion about OCA and ardour will happen eventually.
Cheers,
Guy.

Sent from Outlook

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:03 AM -0700, "Paul Davis" <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

There is a standard for querying, and liblo, which ardour uses, supports it.

It isn't powerful enough to do full discovery of the OSC command set
of an OSC receiver.