[Ardour-Dev] Windows - Behringer X32

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Apr 15 18:21:43 PDT 2015

> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Patrick-Gilles Maillot <
> patrick.maillot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Installed Ardour 4 and Jack on my Windows XP systems (SP3), a Dell
>> XPS. Jack runs OK. Ardour’s Xjadeo video monitor starts OK, but
>> Ardour 4 does not start and display s the following error: Entry
>> Point not Found; The Procedure entry point CreateSymbolicLinkA
>> could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Thanks for the heads up.

On 04/11/2015 02:52 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> Sorry, I should not have not used the phrase "all versions of
> Windows". There is a minimum version, and I can't comment
> authoritatively on what it is. But Vista seems pretty likely. Robin
> may chime in with the definitive answer.

Ardour4 targets Windows XP and later..

An update mid Jan'15 pulled in a library which uses CreateSymbolicLinkA
in its newer version (liblilv, LV2).

I've just patched that (and contact liblilv's dev, who coincidentally is
also an ardour-dev to fix the problem upsteam as well).

Tomorrow's nighty builds run on XP again.

Cheers!
robin