[Ardour-Dev] Ardour support for Windows users: USA/English

David Bolton davidkbolton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 15:23:38 PDT 2015

I am happy to help with support of Windows users as my time and
expertise permit. I live Missouri, USA.

I have experience with Ardour on Ubuntu and was quite active with
improving the documentation a couple years back. Since my day-to-day
operating system is Windows, I am likely to use Ardour more frequently
now that it doesn't require a reboot into a different operating system.

I was pretty excited to read about the Windows builds. I subsequently
became a monthly subscriber, and downloaded the full version of the
nightly build.

I had no problem recording and playing a MIDI track (It is great to have
the "reasonable synth" plugin built in). I haven't got audio recording
working yet, but I'll spend some more time troubleshooting that this
weekend. Meanwhile I posted a crash report on the Windows forum.
https://community.ardour.org/node/8708 (remind me, is that the preferred
location for posting crash reports, etc.?)

Thank you for your work on making Windows builds available and taking
the care to set up a team of support for Windows users.

David