[Ardour-Dev] Automation control point problem in A3

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Feb 15 01:46:25 PST 2014

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 09:12:27AM +0000, John Rigg wrote:

> I have a problem with A3's control point creation, eg. when editing gain
> envelopes. Clicking to create a new control point adds two points instead
> of the expected single point.

Thee first point remains at the original value, while the second
will be at the value you clicked.

This is usually exactly what I want, except that I need to separate
them, i.e. make a short fade instead of an instant change. Note that
without the first point, the original value would be lost and every-
thing to the left would be affected. Which is almost never what I
want.

A small improvement would be the create the first point one 'point
width' left of the new one instead of at the same X position. That
would it make easier to grab either of them if the value difference
in Y is very small.

> Manually deleting the second point every time
> is too much of a slowdown in work flow.

Moving it to some convenient spot will be faster. But yes, being
able to create just a single point would be a good thing.

Ciao,

--
FA