[Ardour-Dev] A3 background colours on faders etc.

John Rigg ardev3 at jrigg.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 10:43:44 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 05:04:28PM +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> I'm having problems with eye strain working in Ardour 3 due to the low contrast between the gray
> backgrounds on faders, clocks, plugin areas etc. and what appears on the foregrounds. Some of
> these can be changed in the theme manager, but others can't. Is it possible to edit a file
> to change all these backgrounds from mid-gray to black? If I have to hard code it and recompile,
> that's an acceptable solution to me.
>
> To save time is anyone able to point me towards which files need editing?
>
> BTW I have a colour blind colleague who finds this to be a worse problem than I do. He doesn't
> have the same problem with Ardour 2.

After poking around in the source code I think I can alter this to my requirements. The comments
about low contrast and eye strain when working long hours still stand though. Maybe a "Darker"
theme could be provided in addition to the existing Light and Dark ones, with black backgrounds
as in Ardour2 (or even 0.99 ;-).

John