[Ardour-Dev] a3 FTBFS in nsmclient.cc

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Apr 3 16:00:12 PDT 2013

On 04/03/2013 03:25 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier
> <nettings at stackingdwarves.net <mailto:nettings at stackingdwarves.net>> wrote:
>
>     hi *!
>

>     my ardour update attempts have barfed for the last 2-3 days with the
>     error pasted below. i tried ./waf clean and a fresh ./waf configure,
>     to no avail.
>

> at least as of liblo 0.26, lo_server_wait() is defined in
> <lo/lo_lowlevel.h> which is included by <lo/lo.,h> which is included by
> nsmclient.h which is included by nsmclient.cc
>
> so i conclude that there is a problem with the version of liblo
> installed on your system ....

yup, good catch, thanks for the heads-up. i missed the last liblo
release, and until the nsm stuff, ardour used to be quite happy with
0.25 (which is what comes with openSUSE Tumbleweed by default)...

after building and installing the latest liblo from source, ardour3
compiles and links cleanly again - thanks!

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net