[Ardour-Dev] [Ardour-Cvs] r13355 - ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Oct 26 18:34:48 PDT 2012

On 10/27/2012 02:15 AM, pauld at addisababa.dreamhost.com wrote:
> Author: paul
> Date: 2012-10-26 17:15:45 -0700 (Fri, 26 Oct 2012)
> New Revision: 13355
>
> Added:
>     ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour/route_sorter.h
> Modified:
>     ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour/editor_routes.cc
>     ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour/mixer_ui.cc
>     ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour/mixer_ui.h
> Log:
> fix serious logic error in re-ordering treeviews after route order keys/RIDs change - fixes major memory corruption bug that overwrote random memory as soon as a track gets deleted and/or user-defined remote IDs are in use

whoohoo, i think this one has bitten me quite often lately. never got
around to getting a proper backtrace because it always happened when i
was under pressure, like today during a rehearsal. can't wait to try the
fix.
btw, we just did a kick-ass dance theatre show in lisbon, and all the
pre-produced surround playbacks were done with ardour3. sure i've torn
out my share of hair whenever it goes boom at an inopportune moment, but
it only takes running into a brickwall or two with <your favourite
proprietary DAW> to realize what a great tool ardour is - it lets me do
my job the way i want it done, and it doesn't play me for a sucker by
making me pay extra for every inch of scalability i need. ten-channel
surround, why, certainly, sir!

chapeau to the team,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net