[Ardour-Dev] 2.8.12 export problem

John Rigg ardev2 at jrigg.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 14:51:16 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:02:10AM +0300, Sakari Bergen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM, John Rigg wrote:
>
> > >  And ardour3 no longer has the "quick" export.
> > >  Unless I am mistaken.
> >
> > Hmm, I might have to write some scripts to handle that. Slow export
> > is one of the things that annoys me most about other DAWs.
>

> The export shouldn't be that much slower in a3 (Dominic is mistaken). Were
> the sessions similar and the settings exactly the same? One of the biggest
> factors is the sample rate conversion quality, which has a huge effect when
> the session is simple. Also having a debug/release build could affect it...

The settings were the same. SRC was best quality sinc in both cases.
The A3 session had only three tracks and the A2 session over 30, but the
stereo track (range) being exported was identical in both sessions.

I just ran the export again to be sure and it wasn't quite as slow as
play speed after all, but it was still noticeably slower than in
A2. I also tried exporting without SRC and it was faster, but still quite
a bit slower than in A2 where it's almost instant.

John