[Ardour-Dev] Hello, some tech talk, etc.

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Thu Jul 5 07:17:13 PDT 2012

On 07/05/2012 07:49 AM, Jonas Olson wrote:
> In this particular example, does the goto solution has any significant
> advantage over using if-else as follows?:
[snip]

Yes... when you have to have 5 of these conditional blocks it makes
things really cluttered in order to satisfy the "goto's are always evil"
rule.

FWIW, in C++ we have scoped pointers which (in most cases) accomplishes
what these goto's are trying to accomplish.  Scoped pointers are
(usually) better than using goto's.

-gabriel