[Ardour-Dev] translators!

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Mon Dec 31 04:18:39 PST 2012

Hello Sebastian,

(assuming you're interested in translating to german)

Like Benjamin, I've been working on german translation occasionaly, and
about a year ago, Richard Oax also contributed quite a lot of work.

My latest efforts aren't submitted to svn yet. I spent a couple of hours
during the days before Christmas, but haven't been able to continue/finish,
due to a current job, but I hope I can find time to finish this during
the next few days.

So far only gtk2_ardour has been translated, so you're welcome to start
new german .po files for libs/ardour and/or libs/gtkmm2ext (after
running './waf i18n_pot' you should find files ending in ".pot" in these
directories, rename them to de.po and start translating them, using poedit,
lokalize or whatever tool you prefer). If I'm not mistaken these three files
together form the complete Ardour translation. The file TRANSLATORS in the
ardour source root dir describes the process, as Benjamin mentioned already.

Edgar