[Ardour-Dev] ardour3 + automation + fader-desk

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Sep 23 08:50:46 PDT 2011

Hya,

I've just started a new project using ardour3 svn-10112.

It is only 24 audio tracks with volume automation (no Effects, no
MIDI,...). I'm using a BCF2000 to enter automation-data instead of
drawing it with the mouse.

It works in principle but I ran into quite a lot of issues!

Does it make sense to file bug reports already? IIRC automation in A3
still has a major update coming up. So I may wait until after that.

The most annoying thing an endless count of:
  [WARNING]: Ignoring illegal points on AutomationLine "gain"
messages when re-opening the session. However AFAICT all relevant gain
automation is present.

Furthermore, sometimes a consecutive line of '-inf dB' gain points
results in NaN (on unsigned 16bit: 0) when exporting the soundtrack. I
have not tracked it down, but simply deleting all but the first and last
'-inf' gain points in row makes the clicks go away.. weird.

Is that supposed to work already? If so I'll dig in the code.

so long,
robin