[Ardour-Dev] Problem when ./waf configure

Fábio Magnoni fabiohmagnoni at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 08:52:21 PDT 2011

To do ./waf configure I solved, but now the problem is when I try to start
the Jack, so I removed everything again and tried to reinstall... When I do
"sudo make" ok, that works, but when I do "sudo make install" shows errors.
I sent another e-mail about this other problem.

2011/3/19 Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de>

> Am 19.03.2011 00:45, schrieb Fábio Magnoni:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> I've just start to code for the project and I have the first problem, when
>> enter ./waf configure shows this msg:
>> Checking for new JACK latency API                    : missing - a version
>> of JACK that supports jack_port_set_latency_range() is required to compile
>> Ardour3
>>
>> I tried installing libjack-jackd2-dev, libjack-dev, jackd2, jackd1, jackd2
>> and none worked.
>>
>> What can I do?
>>

> This one worked for me on Ubuntu 10.10:
>
> 1.) rm everything related to jack under /usr/lib
> (Yes! rm it, do not use the package-management!)
>
> 2.) build and install the recent jack1 (Version: 0.120.1)
>
> In that order...
>
> If you wish to revive jack2 after the build, use mv instead of rm...
>
> best of luck :-)
>

>> []s

Fábio Réa
Eng. de Computação - PUC-Campinas