[Ardour-Dev] Building A3 on Fedora14

Chooch Schubert choochus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:32:29 PST 2011

Ubuntu Studio has RT kernel by default. I can't remember if standard Ubuntu
does, but I always add the kxstudio PPAs which track most multimedia
projects closely and has RT kernels.

good luck!

  {c}

-sent from an Android in my pocket
On Mar 6, 2011 2:44 PM, "Hartmut Noack" <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:
> Am 06.03.2011 12:02, schrieb Valerio Orlandini:
>> On Ubuntu 10.10 and Arch Linux I manage to build Ardour 3 without issues
>
> And do you have a RT-kernel (installed from a ppa) running with good
> results on Ubuntu 1010?

waf tells me this: Checking for new jack_port_type_get_buffer_size : missing
- a version of JACK that supports jack_port_type_get_buffer_size() is
required to compile Ardour3 I fetched the SVN from jackmp but this would not
build ALSA-Support on f14 !!ALSA Version !!------------ Driver version:
1.0.21 Library version: 1.0.24 Utilities version: 1.0.23 Now I am stuck. Has
anyone a recommendation for a distro recent enough to build ardour3? It
would not be a problem for me to install a system for exactly this purpose
so any moderately easy to install system would be fine. It should also be
possible to install a RT-kernel for that distro from a package made for that
list ardour-dev at lists.ardour.org