[Ardour-Dev] Building A3 on Fedora14

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Mar 6 11:05:46 PST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 03/06/2011 04:58 AM, Carl Hetherington wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Hartmut Noack wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I try to build Ardour3 SVN on Fedora14.
>>>
>>> Jack is version 1.9.6.2f14
>>
>> At this time you will need to use JACK 1 version 0.120.1.
>
> Is this coming to jack2 soon? Please?
> (maybe already there, or a patch is available?)

stephane was on IRC last week and said he was doing some work on the
latency API is jack2.

note that we plan to distribute a3 as a distro-neutral binary, so our
willingess to workaround issues like this is going to go way down. its
not that we don't want distros to build a3, but ....

aso note that actual error message does specifically note that the
problem concerns *building* a3. you can run with either version of
JACK.