[Ardour-Dev] what linux audio project do you miss?

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Mar 4 06:13:18 PST 2011

Am 03.03.2011 21:25, schrieb Thomas Vecchione:
> I am currently not doing noise reduction on Linux as there isn't anything I
> found acceptable for the purpose on Linux(And yes I am aware of the options
> like Audacity, GWC, etc. and have tried them).

+1
Capable noise-reduction is really a white spot under Linux. Thats one of
the reasons to ask for one if there is someone eager to code for Linux ;-)
Meanwhile I use the ancient method of recording as little noise as
possible ;-) and cutting everything in a project that does not contain a
payload....

> My question was much more in
> the vein of realtime vs offline noise reduction an in just about every case
> I prefer realtime.

There should be a realtime-mode to tweak settings but in the field of
restauration quality is above all other concerns and I think, if a
system can be too complex to work realtime without unacceptable
system-load, it can achieve more in the field of quality...

best regs
HZN