[Ardour-Dev] ardour3 segfault due to gtk.rc

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Jun 16 06:04:47 PDT 2011

On 06/13/2011 12:06 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>> On 06/12/2011 11:55 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>> what version of GTK?
>
>> Source: gtk+2.0
>> Version: 2.24.4-3
>
> no issue there that i know of. debugger it is.

Well despite the backtrace pointing to gtk/glib this has nothing to do
with gtk. It also does not affect upstream ardour3-svn.

The problem is dues to [my videotimeline patch] linking ardour3 to
libboost_regex.so - and I suspect a boost version conflict but i did not
yet have the time to poke around.

It's a bit weird; just adding
  #include <boost/regex.hpp>
to _any_ .cc file in gtk2_ardour and linking to -lboost_regex
will cause ardour3 to segfault on g_build_path_va() of glib/gfileutils.c
There no need to use one of the boost-regex functions..

Unlikely as it sounds, maybe it's some version conflict between
libboost-regex-1.40.0  and libglib-2.28.6 glib..?!

more next week,
robin