[Ardour-Dev] Fwd: [Ardour-Cvs] r9939 - ardour2/branches/3.0/gtk2_ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jul 27 18:14:14 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>> [..]
>> Author: paul
>> Date: 2011-07-27 12:11:39 -0700 (Wed, 27 Jul 2011)
>> New Revision: 9939
> [..]
>> Log:
>> Primary-(scroll|up|down) on patch/bank change event changes bank
>> number; change format of verbose cursor when inside patch/bank change
>
> Now ctrl+right-click no longer brings up the "edit patch" dialog but
> shows the region-properties. Is there a trick that I miss or is it a bug?

works here, and such behaviour would not be not related to my changes in 9939.

> While you're at it: could you please make the midi-channel more
> accessible and visible?
> check http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=4207

there are several more issues with PC/BC handling than the (otherwise
excellent) list in that bug report.

> BTW. What is the motivation behind ardour displaying
> Bank "1" when it is actually sending bank "0".
> same for Program: instead of program range 0-127; ardour shows 1-128.

this is a matter of some debate among MIDI users and developers. there
are varying habits about whether the first MIDI program/note/bank is
called "zero" or "one", although there is no doubt that it is
indicated by the 7 bit value zero.