[Ardour-Dev] Fadein / out adjusters

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 16 08:21:44 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16 Feb 2011, at 15:45, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>>       fade_in_handle->signal_event().connect (bind (mem_fun
>> (PublicEditor::instance(),
>> &PublicEditor::canvas_fade_in_handle_event), fade_in_handle, this));
>>
>> PublicEditor::canvas_fade_in_handle_event() then checks the event type
>>

> Thanks Paul.  That seems to get called if I hover over the actual adjuster block but I'm trying to find out which event causes the blocks to be drawn in the first place (i.e. the event that corresponds to hovering over a timeline region).

its a completely analogous story. there is a handler for signal_event
for the regionview, and it will route into
PublicEditor::editor_canvas_.... () defined in editor_canvas_events.cc
which then switches on the event type and calls a specific event type
handler in Editor, passing in the relevant item type.

in this case, the connection is in region_view.cc:

	group->signal_event().connect (bind (mem_fun
(PublicEditor::instance(), &PublicEditor::canvas_region_view_event),
group, this));

and you can follow the chain from there