[Ardour-Dev] Fadein / out adjusters

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 16 07:45:43 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:29 AM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> When I hover my mouse over a timeline region (Ardour2) it displays two small square blocks for adjusting the region's fadein and fadeout.  I'm trying to find a bug that's stopping them from getting displayed occasionally in my Windows build.  Do you happen to know which function gets called to display them?  Thanks.

all canvas items get all their events delivered as "event", so there
is a single handler for that. its connected like this:

	fade_in_handle->signal_event().connect (bind (mem_fun
(PublicEditor::instance(),
&PublicEditor::canvas_fade_in_handle_event), fade_in_handle, this));

PublicEditor::canvas_fade_in_handle_event() then checks the event type
and dispatches it to an editor-global method, Editor::enter_handler()
along with the item type.

so you need to be looking at Editor::enter_handler() and how it
handles FadeInHandleItem and FadeOutHandleItem