[Ardour-Dev] ardour3 and tranzport?

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 14:45:58 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>wrote:

> with ardour3, this is a bit pointless. a MIDI binding map for the
> alphatrack, and its all done.

The magic of the Alphatrack is that one fader, and one set of each button
can control an infinite amount of "Ardour Tracks".
A MIDI binding map would not suffice here, as when one button is pressed,
every other button should be sent to the next track.

Hence the python Ardour script, which I also have an Alphatrack addon for.
That provides the couple of counters & led status
arrays that are needed to provide full support for the unit.

Ok, you got my intrest in code now... is there an "explaination" /
"tutorial" or good example code to look at for coding alphatrack
into ardour?
Cheers, -Harry

PS: Mike, thanks for the work you've already done on the kernel!