[Ardour-Dev] export dialog crash

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Oct 26 02:37:16 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:16:22PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
>
> > There seem to be export problems in 2.8.11 as well. All exports using
> > resampling and/or dithering (e.g. for a CD) that I tried using 2.8.11
> > failed, producing corrupted WAV files. You only notice afterwards when
> > trying to use the exported file. Looking back, those exports should have
> > taken some time and shown a progress bar, but none of them did. Exporting
> > to floats at the original sample rate seems to work OK.
>
> do you have a deterministic path to failure for the above problem?

Exporting a stereo region, resampling 48 to 44.1, 16 bit with noise shaped
dithering. Things look as if they work (except that it happens too fast),
but in almost all cases the resulting file is truncated at some point, and
sndfile-info reports it as corrupted.

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.