[Ardour-Dev] start marker with midi import

Andrew Hunter andrew at aehunter.net
Mon Nov 15 18:20:02 PST 2010

Hey David,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM, David Santamauro
<david.santamauro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Confirmed the issue for me still exists with r8016.
>
> Also, the (new) project opened with play marker at bar 9.
>
> Interestingly enough, |< took me right back to 4474|01|1864 -- probably
> a logical reason for it.

This is just a deduction of mine and I am in no way a developer or
familiar with the code but I suspect this has to do with the code
subtracting or adding bits and causing a the marker buffer to overflow
(is that the right term?)

2^32 = 4294967296

Remarkably similar to meter that you keep getting and probably the
same if you account for different modulos for each of the measures.

Cheers,

Andrew