[Ardour-Dev] Contribute porting Ardour to Windows

Bruno Barba Venturi barba3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:13:28 PDT 2010

Sure.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/barba3

When student, I worked in a project called TC-Station, which is a car airbag
test system (C/C++), and now I've been at Microsoft for 2.5 years as test
engineer in a platform used by the newest versions of SystemCenter and
Windows Intune (both are Beta).
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsintune/default.aspx

I've done C# during almost all time at MS, however I like a lot C/C++. I
also know basic COM, a little asm, concurrent programming, databases, some
POSIX, Linux, networks, etc.
I like a lot to do efficient and time critical code; that's one of the main
reasons I want to work in a DAW.

Regarding audio, I've always been interested in that kind of software, and I
have some experience with Cubase SX and Protools, therefore, I'm
familiarized with DAW conepts such as channels, regions, buses, plugins,
VST, ASIO, RTAS, etc.
I haven't done much programming about audio; I have done a few just-for-fun
quick-and-dirty apps to read and play WAV files, mix channels, generate and
mix sine waves.

Bruno
barba3 at gmail.com