[Ardour-Dev] Lost keyboard focus on plugins ui on ardour 2.0 r7207

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Jun 7 11:18:21 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem is when editing the control values by keyboard. I mean you
>> can enter in text editing mode by double-clicking and can even select
>> and change cursor with the mouse but you can not actually edit anything.
>> When editing text the ambiguity should not exist, right?

the ambiguity still exists, because ardour (or any other AU host) has
absolutely no idea what is inside the plugin window. ardour doesn't
know that the user has clicked on a text entry box, and thus cannot
know that it should forward key events to it.

> Furthermore: even clicking the keyboard icon the behavior is the same: you
> can select the number box, enter in edit mode, but not change anything.

when i test this here with Apple and other AU plugins on 10.4, it
works just as i expect it to. so we have a bit of a problem.

--p