[Ardour-Dev] Lost keyboard focus on plugins ui on ardour 2.0 r7207

Pau Arumí pau.arumi at barcelonamedia.org
Mon Jun 7 08:17:37 PDT 2010

El dl 07 de 06 de 2010 a les 17:09 +0200, en/na Paul Davis va escriure:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Paul, the changes introduced in the revision 7207 of ardour2 seems to broke
> > the interface to change plugins values by keyboard, as the focus remain in
> > the canvas (the visual focus is on the plugin ui, but not for the keyboard
> > input).
>
> this was done intentionally. you need to explicitly request keyboard
> focus for the plugin editor by clicking on the keyboard icon in the
> upper right of the plugin editor window. this avoids ambiguity and
> confusion over which window (or code blob) will handle keyboard
> events.

The problem is when editing the control values by keyboard. I mean you
can enter in text editing mode by double-clicking and can even select
and change cursor with the mouse but you can not actually edit anything.
When editing text the ambiguity should not exist, right?