[Ardour-Dev] Video and Ardour and Jack

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 13:25:27 PDT 2010

If we're serious about having the conversation about video coming into
play with Ardour and Jack, we need to be talking about the 802.1 AVB
protocol. A full implementation would obviate both Netjack and Jacktrip,
AND solve the problem of synchronization between disparate sample
clocks.  I believe the standard also defines video transfer over 802.3
(Ethernet) networks, so much of the hard work of choosing a "language"
for video transport is already done for us.

David