[Ardour-Dev] video timeline patch testing

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Jul 20 06:16:23 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 11:09 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com>  wrote:
>
>> Now that I have this patch running here I have a better idea of what the
>> potential is.
>>
>   [ ... ]
>

>> The question I have is how difficult would it be to make the timeline auto
>> refresh when changes are made to the video file from an external program?
>>
> its a reasonable question (and i'll let robin answer it), but i would
> note that from my limited experience, this is really not the workflow
> that most people follow.

I agree but with ever more powerful computers and systems designed for
multiple users with multi touch it is becoming a distinct possibility.

Minority Report interfaces are very nearly upon us. Automating the tools
as much as possible will help us stay ahead of the curve ;-)

Won't be long before we have dedicated hardware using these tools
running in all serious mid tier production houses and creatives swarming
all over the place with wacky usability requirements.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd