[Ardour-Dev] testing of 2.X SVN requested

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Jul 4 04:50:26 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 01:20:03PM +0200, Natanael Olaiz wrote:

> Just curious: what is that "makemulti" command?

makemulti 0.8.7
(C) 2009 Fons Adriaensen  <fons at kokkinizita.net>
Combine audio files into a multichannel file.
  --help  : Display this text.
  Output file type:      --caf, --wav, --amb
  Output sample format:  --16bit, --24bit, --32bit, --float
  The default output file format is caf, 24-bit.
  Input range selection: --from <time> --upto <time> (h:m:s)
  Signal modification:   --gain <gain> (dB)

I wrote this as a quick way to export multichannel tracks
form Ardour, hence the --from and --upto options. The WFS
and AMB playback systems in the CdS all expect a single
multitrack file rather than a set of mono files.

Another use it to combine two stereo files as provided
by some portable 4-track recorders into an Ambisonics
file.

It comes with jconvolver IIRC. Make sure you have 0.8.7 or
later as some previous versions had a nasty bug that just
made it useless.

Ciao,

--
Je veux que la mort me trouve plantant mes choux, mais
nonchalant d’elle, et encore plus de mon jardin imparfait.