[Ardour-Dev] a3 video-timeline completed (first version)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jul 3 23:29:22 PDT 2010

On Sat, July 3, 2010 10:22 am, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I've completed the first version of the video-timeline and xjadeo
> integration for ardour3! All intended features are implemented and
> working.

Very cool!

> The patch includes a test-video server under 'tools/' (a PHP script
> calling ffmpeg which performs poorly). The video-server is also already
> usable (see README), but needs a bit more work.
>
> Patch:
> http://rg42.org/gitweb/?p=ardour3.git;a=commitdiff_plain;hp=master;h=videotl
>
> or get it directly git://rg42.org/ardour3 # videotl branch
> configure with ./waf configure --videotimeline

I'm trying to install this now. The instructions above didn't work for me.

Here's what I have done so far.

# git clone git://rg42.org/ardour3
# cd ardour3/
# git checkout -b videotl
Switched to a new branch 'videotl
# ./waf configure --videotimeline
waf [command] [options]

Main commands (example: ./waf build -j4)
  build    : builds the project
  clean    : removes the build files
  configure: configures the project
  dist     : makes a tarball for redistributing the sources
  distcheck: checks if the sources compile (tarball from 'dist')
  distclean: removes the build directory
  install  : installs the build files
  uninstall: removes the installed files

waf: error: no such option: --videotimeline

# ./waf --videotimeline
waf [command] [options]

Main commands (example: ./waf build -j4)
  build    : builds the project
  clean    : removes the build files
  configure: configures the project
  dist     : makes a tarball for redistributing the sources
  distcheck: checks if the sources compile (tarball from 'dist')
  distclean: removes the build directory
  install  : installs the build files
  uninstall: removes the installed files

waf: error: no such option: --videotimeline

Suggestions?

> README:
> http://rg42.org/gitweb/?p=ardour3.git;a=blob;f=tools/videotimeline/README;hb=videotl
>
> please test & review.