[Ardour-Dev] testing of 2.X SVN requested

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jul 3 15:59:49 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:51:31PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Still refuses to export more than stereo, but it plays
>> > happily after five exports.
>>
>> multichannel export was implemented in ardour3 a couple of years ago.
>> it would be too complex to backport it.
>
> I've been wondering what's so difficult about it.

as robin noted, its really nothing to do with the backend, and
entirely to do with the GUI.

the a3 GUI is admittedly still a little intimidating on first glance,
because it covers a lot more than the a2 export dialog - it allows
multiple, parallel exports in different formats. i hope that some
simplification will occur there early in the life of 3.0.

the reason for not adding it to 2.X is that its in feature freeze.

> For the 'global' export function, what is missing is the
> selection of *what* should be exported. As things are,
> this is the output of the master strip.

not at all. you can map individual tracks to the available (2) channels already.