[Ardour-Dev] portugese (and other) translators .... important question

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Wed Jan 20 01:19:30 PST 2010

Hi Paul

On 01/20/2010 12:03 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> note that both translations will continue to be available - the
> question is only about which one is installed as "pt" rather than
> "pt_PT" or "pt_BR".

Speaking as a co-author of pt_BR my vote is that the default Portuguese
should be "pt_PT". Partly for practical reasons (Rui keeps his
translation more-up-to-date) and partly because Portuguese, is by
definition the language of Portugal and that's therefore the "official"
version. Though I guess by that measure en_GB would be the default
English and that's clearly not the case.

Regards,
Chris R.