[Ardour-Dev] ARDOUR::AutomationList and the StateChanged signal

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Apr 24 04:33:32 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM, John Emmas <johne53 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Paul.  I eventually found the problem.  'AudioRegion::_fade_in' wasn't
> going out of scope but its 'events' list was becoming temporarily
> invalidated.  The crash was happening because in function
> AudioRegion::reset_fade_in_shape(), this call was being made:-
>

> reset_fade_in_shape_width ((nframes_t)
>                    audio_region()->fade_in().back()->when);
>
> when 'audio_region()->fade_in()' has no elements.  Here's some code that
> will illustrate the problem:-

all sounds very reasonable, but i think you're fixing the symptom of some
other problem. the fade in and fade out curves are set up in the AudioRegion
constructor,and should never be empty. i'll take a look at the code a bit
later to check that this "condition" is really satisfied, but that is
certainly the expectation.