[Ardour-Dev] ARDOUR::AutomationList and the StateChanged signal

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 11:37:58 PDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to sweep up some of the show-stopping problems in my Windows
build.  One of them is the fact that Ardour crashes whenever I use "Undo"
from the Edit menu.

I've tracked the crash down to a problem with ARDOUR::AutomationList
(libs/ardour/automation_event.cc).  There are two places where it emits the
StateChanged() signal.  Most of the time it works fine but if the signal
gets emitted whilst undoing an action I see a crash (my debugger tells me
it's something to do with an iterator being illegally decremented but I
haven't yet found out where).  I'm guessing it must be in the slot callback
function for that signal but I can't see where it gets connected.  Or more
correctly, there are so many callback functions for StateChanged signals
that I can't figure out which one I need.

Is there an easy way for you to find out which function gets called in
response to a StateChanged signal - if the signal gets emitted by an
AutomationList object?

Thanks,

John