[Ardour-Dev] ardour sessions and write permissions

Tue Sep 29 17:10:13 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 13:47 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> > <nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> After dismissing the error ardour seems to be operational (at least for
> >> playback, did not try anything else).
> >
> > i've cooked up about 80% of the "full" fix for this issue. i'll commit
> > after i get back from my travels this weekend, which involve an
> > overnight from the west to the east coast, and then a 12hr drive home
> > :(
>
> rev 5688 (within 2.0-ongoing) now contains my initial attempt a the
> "full" fix for this. i'd obviously appreciate some feedback.

I have tested it and it seems to work fine as far as I can tell. Menu
items that I looked at are gr[a|e]yed out and playback is fine with no
errors when opening the read-only session.

I did an internal build and I'm installing it in all our workstations,
will let you know if we notice anything strange...

__thanks__!!
-- Fernando