[Ardour-Dev] weird crash after insertion of even weirder plugin

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon May 11 00:59:43 PDT 2009

Paul Davis wrote:
> 2009/5/10 Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net>:
>> hi everyone!
>>

>> i've tried to modify fons' AMB plugins to include a full-third-order
>> panner (1 in, 16 out, two control ports), but ardour crashes the moment
>> i try to use it:
>>
>> glibmm-ERROR **:
>> unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
>> what: basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
>
> Try running analyse-plugin or whatever its called on the modified
> plugin. I have a hunch that the issue is related to port naming.

it was indeed a problem with port names (thanks paul!), which was caused
by a missing comma in an enum (thanks fons!).

mmmmh. nothing beats the sublime pleasure of being a total idiot in
public :)

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between
our safety and our ideals. - Barack Hussein Obama