[Ardour-Dev] weird crash after insertion of even weirder plugin

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun May 10 16:09:24 PDT 2009

hi everyone!

i've tried to modify fons' AMB plugins to include a full-third-order
panner (1 in, 16 out, two control ports), but ardour crashes the moment
i try to use it:

glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type std::exception) in signal handler:
what: basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid

the session contains a 16ch master bus and one mono track with 16 outs,
the plugin is being inserted post-fader.

this is probably not ardour's fault, because jack-rack crashes in a
similar fashion (see end of attached file), but what irritates me is
that there is no segfault within the plugin code, so while i may have
screwed up it also indicates that some host code is less robust than it
could be...

any ideas are much appreciated...

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

Verantwortlicher für Veranstaltungstechnik

Audio and event engineer
Ambisonic surround recordings

nettings at stackingdwarves.net
+49 177 7937487

As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between
our safety and our ideals. - Barack Hussein Obama