[Ardour-Dev] VST state support
martin at profittlich.com
Sat Mar 7 09:04:06 PST 2009
here is my first attempt to add VST plugin state support to Ardour.
Here is what I did:
- Save the state file in the session directory instead of ~/.ardour2
- Only save the filename of the state file in the session file (the path
- Use unique_id() to name the state file
- Use fst_save_state() and fst_load_state() to do the real work
What do you think?
There are a couple of issues with this patch:
- Ardour doesn't know when a plugin state has changed and therefore
doesn't ask wether to save the project on exit.
- It seems to be necessary to open the editor of the plugin in order to
set the state and do the consistency checks. I do this with
fst_run_editor() and fst_destroy_editor() around fst_load_state(). For
some reason, this creates an empty window that doesn't get closed on
- It uses FST's new file format, which probably cannot be considered
finalized until there is a new FST release.
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding these (or rather the first
two) issues or regarding the approach itself?
Also, did anyone have a chance to look at the backtrace I posted a
couple of days ago, regarding the VST freeze issue? I worked around it
by removing a call to connect_and_run() from insert.cc, but I doubt that
this is a real fix. The call must surely be there for a reason. It's
just that by looking at the code, I wasn't able to find it. :-)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10634 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Ardour-Dev