[Ardour-Dev] Funding: Build and Sell Hardware

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 25 19:01:55 PST 2009

Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:37:58 +0700
> Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.opensourcehelpdesklist.com/
>>
>> Does anyone have experience using any of these as a customer or an admin?
>>

> I have used Request Tracker at my last 4 jobs.  Installed it at 3
> of them, found it in place when I started at Verisign.  It's great
> and open source.  I highly recommend it from both the user and admin
> perspective.
>
> Learn more at http://bestpractical.com

- Do you know of a way to manage commissions with this interface?

I'm thinking a fair way of dealing with payments would be something like
this:

1: User purchases support. 1 week, 1 month, x months, 1 year.
2: User submits a ticket.
3: Support responds.
4: Ticket resolution
5: User and support log time spent on ticket.
6: User optionally tips support

The initial amount of money that the user contributes is placed into a
kitty. Ardour dev immediately gets 30% commission. At the end of the
month the kitty is divided equally among the support "staff" based on
the amount of time they have spent on tickets. If someone has a yearly
subscription it is divided by 12 and the money is automatically added to
the kitty each month.

All tips gets split 60:40 with the 60 going to the support "staff" who
worked on the ticket and 40 to Ardour dev.

Does this make sense?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey