[Ardour-Dev] Mackie mcu pro compatibility.

Glarbl_Blarbl glarblblarbl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:17:21 PST 2009

First of all, thanks to all of you for such a fine piece of software
which is constantly improving!

I just got this mcu pro a couple of weeks ago, and I've been using it
with Ardour 2.7.1 with some success.  However, many of the buttons on
the control surface don't do anything and two of them are mapped
incorrectly.  I asked in the IRC channel what I could do short of
writing code (don't know how) to help extend the mcu's compatibility
and gellyfish was kind enough to suggest MIDI dump software.  So I
used amidi to dump all of the buttons which aren't doing anything yet
(and the two that are mismapped: click and solo which currently do RTZ
and FF to end respectively ;) and pasted them into the attached
spreadsheet.

Hope this helps, and I'm happy to do more to help get this hardware to
work!  I'm pretty comfortable with the command line, so you'll only
have to hold my hand a little.
gB