[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 22 00:10:12 PST 2009

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Ronald Stewart wrote:
>> geez.. careful guys or I bet Paul with come with some brilliant
>> statement to kill the convo and set y;all straight...
>>

> The only thing that would kill this is a definitive "I will never,
> ever, even if my Mother had a gun to her head, put a Licensing option
> into Ardour".
>
> So far that hasn't been said so the debate will go on.
>
>> about the M-Audio opportunity.... good luck I talk to them 3 times a
>> year and they dont give a shit about us...their head is not on right.
>>

> Probably because M-Audio are owned by the same company that makes Pro
> Tools.

Oh, and maybe because the original reason Paul started work on Ardour
was because the guys at Pro Tools completely ignored him when he offered
to port it to Linux. In fact I believe that were rather rude about it.

I imagine they are going to be slightly concerned when 3.0 arrives with
full midi support.

I imagine they will be slightly more concerned when Trinity Audio Inc or
<your favorite linux Audio company> next product range starts to
directly compete with their hardware platform.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.